This is a port of the Megadrive/Genesis emulator ‘generator’ to the PSP. It currently runs about 90% of the games with sound support. Although the author has played the emulator for hours on end without any issues, the author cannot be held liable if this damages your PSP.
|File Name: PSP GenesisFile Type : Zip
Developer : PSP Genesis
How To Install PSP Genesis
-Download the file to your hard drive. and unzip it to the same place where you saved it.
-Open the folder you just unzipped and youll see 2 more folders. Highlight these 2 folders and right click, then select copy
-Now what you wanna do is plug your psp into the computer and go to the USB option on the psp XMB. Press X to connect the psp to the computer.
-Next go to “My Computer” and find the drive that represents your psp,it will come up as a removable drive. Double click it to open it
-Next find the folder labeled PSP and double click it
-Double click the GAME folder
-Now, if you have PSP firmware 1.50 installed there will be a 150 folder, Double click this folder. If you are running PSP Custom firmware double click on the GAME150 folder. If the folders are not there go to the systems settings menu and format your memory stick. (This will wipe the memory stick and create the folders)
-Right click and select paste from the menu
-Now disconnect your psp from the usb cable and go all the way to the right . Its labeled Game. scroll down to the folder labeled “Memory Stick”
-In the next menu, find the program. Since it was just added, it will be at the very top. Press X to run it
This is a port of the Megadrive/Genesis emulator ‘generator’ to the PSP.
It currently runs about 90% of the games with sound support.
Although the author has played the emulator for hours on end without any issues,
the author cannot be held liable if this damages your PSP.
- Extract the files in this archive to the following directory:
- The default Rom directory is ‘Roms’ in same directory as EBOOT.PBP. Although you
can put your roms anywhere on your memory stick.
[D-Pad] - Browse Current Menu
[Triggers] - Switch Menus
[Circle/Cross] - Action/Confirm button
[Triangle] - Switch between country regions (in game browser)
[Select] - Return to current game (if active)
[Home] - Go back to PSP Browser
- Customisable through UI
v0.18 - support for old save states
- Sound Quality settings (will need to restart game to apply changes)
v0.17 - 6 button joystick support
- zip support (using Ruka’s unziplib)
- fixed bug in save states (current saves won’t work – if you really,
really want your old save I could write a converter… ).
- user definable controls
- optimized the sound code a bit (more games run faster now).
- games list is now sorted
- implemented new ui
- user skins support for ui
- return to current game support
- frameskip options (note, if you have manual frameskip and the game cant keep up,
will obviously be jumpy if u dont have auto frameskip on)
- vsync option
- multiple save slots per game
- experimental 50Hz conversion
- added 266Mhz CPU speed setting
- other miscellaneous fixes
v0.16 - optimized display code
v0.15 - Fixed random hangs (hopefully!)
- switched to pspsdk
- Save state support
- Preliminary (unoptimized) Screen Scaling
- (Really ugly) source release
v0.13 - SRAM load/save support
v0.12b - Fixed Sonic 3 bug (possibly other games too)
v0.12 - Improved stability
- Fixed bug where music/sound was playing slow (no longer need sound fix option)
- Improved autodetection (a few games still require manual setting)
v0.11 - CPU Default to 222Mhz, Manual toggle to 333Mhz
v0.10 - Initial Release